Full Job Description
Spectralytics, Inc. which is part of the Cretex Medical family of companies, is located in Dassel, MN and provides contract laser processing and assembly services to medical device manufacturers. Learn more how we are impacting lives daily at www.spectralytics.com and www.cretexmedical.com.
What is it Like to Work at Spectralytics?
We value the contributions of our employees and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. Spectralytics pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package while offering a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement. Check out all Spectralytics can offer you as a valued team member.
Engineering Administrator/Customer Service Rep. Position Summary:
The Engineering Administrator will be responsible for ERP system data entry, maintenance of engineering reports and systems, and administering special projects.Responsibilities:
Engineering Administrator/Customer Service Rep. Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain manufactured parts within the ERP system
- Verify operations, comments, programs, parameters, times, and materials for contract reviews
- Maintain current revisions within the ERP system and ensure accuracy
- Assist manufacturing and quality engineers with updating parts within the ERP system
- Complete DCO/ECO documentation & implement changes to parts following DCO/ECO approval
- Create and maintain standard work for the ERP system
- Provide training on ERP standard work
- Work on various projects assigned by the engineering team
- Draft, read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work
- Provide backup support to Customer Service & Documentation Specialist
- Maintain file management structure, archive documents into various software systems or databases
- Facilitate archival of engineering documentation
- Verify POs, quotes, & contracts for accuracy: price, quantity, delivery, & revision level.
- Complete sales order entry & updates, order acknowledgements & work with production scheduling to meet customer needs
- Communicate status of orders to customers as needed.
- Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work
- Partner with other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance
- Understand customer needs and the core business markets we serve
- Ensure business systems are implemented, maintained, and functioning properly
- Participate in required company meetings
- Maintain an organized work area (5S)
- Participate in the Operational Excellence Program
- Complete all other work duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Engineering Administrator/Customer Service Rep.Position Requirements:
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Engineering Administrator//Customer Service Rep. Preferred Requirements:
- 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Manufacturing experience
- Continuing Education; including participation in local chapters, associations, and/or organizations
Physical & Environmental Demands:
Cretex Companies use cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.
As a Cretex Medical company, Spectralytics offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. Spectralytics also offers a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay. Spectralytics also offers company specific benefits such as:
- Operational Excellence appreciation Lunches
- Volunteer Activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Wellness Program
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .