Full Job Description
IMPORTANT: ** Please apply by accessing the Litchfield School District Website, www.litchfield.k12.mn.us, go to the heading “central office” and then click on “employment” to access the Applitrack online application system. ***
Health Assistant Secretary - Lake Ripley Elementary
200 days per year - 8 hours per day
The Health Assistant works closely with the Licensed School Nurse, and many of his/her roles are delegated functions under the Nurse Practice Act. He/she observes, evaluates and provides health care for all students/staff within their scope of training and delegated functions. Administers and documents medications and/or treatments as delegated by the Licensed School Nurse (LSN). Collects and maintains health information on electronic health records while maintaining data privacy and confidentiality. This position will also entail some routine office duties as directed by the Building Principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out first aid and emergency procedures for ill and injured students as directed by the school nurse.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures as delegated by the LSN; maintain accurate log of medications dispensed.
- Assist with screening activities including measuring height and weight, testing vision and hearing, and scalp, and send referrals as directed by LSN
- Assist students with diabetes with insulin and nutrition management based on daily school menu and student specific delegation by LSN.
- Use Universal Precautions Procedures when cleaning all body spills and providing wound care.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Maintain a daily log of health office activities, including reportable accidents, communicable disease data, and referrals to school nurse.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Record information on student health records.
- Maintain clinic supply inventory and request supplies as needed.
- Participate in staff development training programs as assigned.
- Perform other general duties to accomplish the objectives and goals of the total school program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required
- Current LPN license is preferred
- Current first aid, CPR certification and medication administration experience
- Respect for confidentiality of student health information
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and parents
- Ability to recognize job limitations
Application Procedure: Submit your application online at www.litchfield.k12.mn.us. (Click on Central Office and then Employment) The application period is open until filled. Please contact Chris Olson at (320.693.2436) with questions pertaining to this position. EEO
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a background check.
Litchfield I.S.D. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $17.77 - $21.31 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Litchfield, MN 55355: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location