A Direct Support Professional (DSP) implements and coordinates support services to the highest degree in order that persons served might be interdependent members and active participants within the community. A DSP provides direct care to clients based on their individual needs which may include:
- Assisting individuals with dressing, grooming, hygiene, and other daily living functions.
- Assisting individuals with bedtime routines, administering medications, physical therapy, etc.
- Supporting individuals in preparing meals and/or snacks.
- Supporting individuals in cleaning and laundry.
- Assisting individuals in accessing the community and participating in recreation and leisure activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Direct Support Professional must have a high level of sensitivity to the needs of individuals with disabilities and the ability to exercise flexibility and assertiveness, have a positive work ethic, and manage crisis situations effectively and problem solve. A DSP must also be able to work without direct supervision.
Must also be able to meet the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet qualifiers to be insured by EON Inc.’s vehicle insurance provider.
- Must not be disqualified by appropriate criminal background studies.
- Complete all orientation and training needs as written in policy.
- Meet the physical requirements as outlined in this position description and physical assessment form (pushing/pulling, lifting, bending, etc.).
- Possess good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Able to read and write in English.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, position reporting to the Community Supports Supervisor. Full time and part time positions available with flexible scheduling to work 8 - 40 hours a week. Morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and overnight shifts. Includes every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday). EON, Inc is an employee- owned organization, become an employee owner today! Full time employees are eligible for benefits and employee stock ownership.
Prior experience or training not required, but desirable.
EON, Inc is an Equal Opportunity employer.