Quadion LLC/ Minnesota Rubber and Plastics is a world leader in the material compound development, engineering design and manufacturing of custom molded elastomeric and thermoplastic components and assemblies. Our global reputation for producing the tough parts, is matched by our commitment to quality, product performance and service support. It is likely you come in contact with our parts in your daily life without even knowing it. From the faucet in your home, transmission in your car or the medical device that may have saved your life, Minnesota Rubber and Plastics provides the critical sealing components to make these products perform the way you expect. We take pride in this everyday.
Directly works with managers, engineers, and supervisors to maintain capable processes. Participate with problem solving and process improvement efforts. Provide accurate and timely feedback to all areas.
- Design, build, develop and troubleshoot automated solutions to reduce manual labor dependency.
- Design and/or source fixtures and auxiliary integration pieces for automation to existing equipment. E.G. standard stock items and also custom designed and machined or 3D printed pieces.
- Troubleshoot and resolve custom automated equipment issues to ensure downtime is minimal.
- Retrofit existing equipment and fixtures with improvements to reduce failure frequency.
- Document appropriate instructions for equipment built or altered for manufacturing to use in running and troubleshooting the equipment.
- Complete process improvement projects to lower labor and cycle times and reduce costs of production process.
- Support all initiatives of Corporate Quality Systems, Environmental Systems and actively participate in ergonomic and safety programs.
- Provides communication to Production Control and Engineering pertaining to issues impacting production schedules. Trouble shoots machine related issues and coordinates with Maintenance any PM or repair work as required.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
- 2 Year technical school degree in relevant field (Automation, Mechatronics, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic programming and electromechanical systems desired
- Knowledge of TS-16949, ISO-13485 OR ISO-9000 standards desired
- Technical or mechanical background required
- Basic computer and software skills required
- Troubleshooting and/or repair experience required
- Knowledge of automation components and systems, 3D design desired.
- Must be self-starting and willing to work hard to achieve goals and objectives.
- Must be able to work with Litchfield Engineering and Operations teams, Litchfield Staff, Litchfield Supervisors, and Production Employees.